Followers

Friday, May 16, 2008

Going to the dogs

I worry so much about all three of our cats and get criticized for it all the time. Blind cat is constantly a source of worry for me. She does get around so easily or so my kids think. But I watch her all the time and see her bump into things and freeze perplexed as to which way she should move next.

We are having our wooden floors put in up stairs and I stayed awake at night worrying about what she would think as everything would be totally disrupted and all her markers would be moved. We had to move all upstairs furniture from five rooms into two rooms. We are now going on to the third day but she has managed by hiding midst all of the piled boxes and furniture.

Last night we were able to put my room together and she appeared as normal. She can’t quite make out what has happened to the floors though as she keeps picking up her paws gingerly as she tries to feel for the carpet. This morning all is piled back into the opposite rooms and one of them is mine so now she is sitting up on the chair in my room wondering where the bed went that she had just slept on last night.

The Siamese has hidden in the pile in the living room and the fat cat is the only one who has made it just fine through all of this disruption. She follows the food. And since the kitchen is in perfect order she has no problem with what is going on upstairs she is sitting just fine down here. Her fur is finely growing back even though everyone was upset with me for putting her on a diet. She has lost weight and I changed her food and her fur is getting very silky.

And as for Max? Well of course I have been worried that he is not getting the exercise that my daughter and husband said they would give to him. So now on my morning walk even though it hurts my knee to bring him along, he is right beside me. The other day he started to pitch and pull to get to the two German Shepherds across the street from us. He spun and twisted and I had a hell of a time settling him down. Finely we got past the two dogs but not before he plowed into the side of my leg sending me into pain when he hit the lateral part of my knee. I limped home and took some pain pills. But I was not in a very good mood.

But this morning we were both off for a walk and once again passed the two shepherds. This time I double leashed him, and the person walking the shepherds was commanding them before we got with in barking distance. Thankfully we walked by uneventfully.

I don’t care how much they say that Max, jumps on me, licks me, sleeps by me and watches my every move because I am just not the pack leader. I just tell them, he loves me more. And that is why at night all the cats and the dog sit in my room when I watch TV or work on a craft. It sure isn’t because they love watching mystery movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Count Me In

Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather
It feels good to be free

Fourth of July in Waikiki

Fourth of July in Waikiki
Early morning view just kicking back

About Me

My photo
Do you want to know about Hawaii from a locals point of view? Where do we like to go? What things do we like to see. This blog is about seeing Hawaii without being trapped. This is a journal about Good eats, Hawaiian events, and looking at the islands through the eyes of someone who has lived here for more then forty years.

For Blog updates;

The Curmudgeon