Followers

Monday, May 19, 2008

Getting by

Chri and I went to the open market yesterday for the second time since we moved here 6 years ago. I always work at the museum on Sundays so we just never went. Since we’ve been working on the house I took the rest of may off from the museum and so I suggested we see how the Market was doing.

It was wonderful. We got such good bargains on vegetables and I was able to pick up some very good papayas and bananas. Of course they are not to cheap but a little cheaper then the store. The papaya were 90 ¢ a pound and the bananas were $1.00. I pay 1.90 a pound for local banana at the store so this was a good buy for me. It’s funny that we can get bananas all the way from South America cheaper then what we pay for local. What is wrong with that picture?

Now I am trading off every other week with the neighbor to take the kids to pre-school which is a good 20 miles away. So that will save big time on gas. Maybe I can start making dolls to do trades for other things. The trick is to find owner run business that would be willing to do that. Well it gives me something to think about.

Our heat wave started yesterday. I liked to die in my bedroom as I worked in it. I drank so much water and ate a ton of tangerines to stave off my thirst. Now today the mountains are gone. Covered with rain. I managed to get my walk in but the rain clouds were gathering as I walked. Thank goodness I didn’t get caught in it with Max. He is such a smelly dog as it is I sure did not need to bring him home wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Count Me In

Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather
It feels good to be free

Fourth of July in Waikiki

Fourth of July in Waikiki
Early morning view just kicking back

About Me

My photo
Do you want to know about Hawaii from a locals point of view? Where do we like to go? What things do we like to see. This blog is about seeing Hawaii without being trapped. This is a journal about Good eats, Hawaiian events, and looking at the islands through the eyes of someone who has lived here for more then forty years.

For Blog updates;

The Curmudgeon