Followers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Tail of two vets





Yesterday I had to deal with Max as he was biting the hair off his tail. He has a big bald spot on it. I was dreading going to the vets as it was like stepping into a big vacuum that sucked up all your money. I called another vet that my friend takes her dogs to and she said she was inexpensive. She works out of her home or she can come to you but it is quite expensive if you have her do that. So I took Max there and it turns out that she examined him right in her garage between two cars. But she said he was in excellent condition and his teeth looked great. ( the other vet wanted to do a teeth cleaning on him. But it was more like she was going to do a cleaning on my wallet as it would cost $400.00 dollars)

She said that if his knee was out of whack she would not want to do anything about it until he walked with a stiff leg. As he is jumping up and down at home he is still fine. ( the other vet wanted to operate to the tune of a couple of thousand dollars. 

she gave me all home remedies to use on max's tail and a tick collar for him as she believes that is why he is biting his tail (and he has ticks) She advised me to put fish oil in his food and gave me all kinds of samples of things for Max to try. (I'd never got a sample from the other vets)

She gave me a 6 month supply of heart worm pills for $22.00. We paid the other vet $17.00 for only one pill! Can you imagine that?

Her visit with tax came to $20.00!! The tick collar was $17.00. I would not have walked out of the other vet without having to do test, and buying very expensive medicine and pills, I know. I am so stoked because now I know I can take Max to the vet if he gets sick and know he will be taken care of. 

The home made solution has kept him from biting his tale and he is relaxed and just fine. I am so happy that there are still people in the world who truly do want to help and still know that they can make money without taking advantage. The whole visit took around 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Count Me In

Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather
It feels good to be free

Fourth of July in Waikiki

Fourth of July in Waikiki
Early morning view just kicking back

About Me

My photo
Do you want to know about Hawaii from a locals point of view? Where do we like to go? What things do we like to see. This blog is about seeing Hawaii without being trapped. This is a journal about Good eats, Hawaiian events, and looking at the islands through the eyes of someone who has lived here for more then forty years.

For Blog updates;

The Curmudgeon