Followers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Today Is Not The First Day of The Rest Of My Life


After crunching down on decrepid knees, clawing my way through the weeds and chives I was almost finished with the weeding of a very small patch of dirt on the side of the house.

The Night Blooming Jasmine had been inundated with strange bed fellows. The pineapple was camouflaged, spikes peaking out between tufts of green aliens growing in front of them. The only clear color in the patch was Nico's plastic trucks intwined with some kind of vine that had leaves in the shape of a heart. But the garden was not showing me any heart as I tried to stand and un-kink my back.



As I walked towards the patio I looked back at what I had just done. Despite all the work and sore knees and back I could not wait until I could get down to the garden shop and pick up plants to once again dig, compost and plant.

I was quite happy with the bit of work behind me as I headed into the house. Then I smelled the brownies baking. I wanted to grab them all and stuff them in my mouth. Fill that Sugar craving that I've been fighting forever. My feet were sore, my knees ached, and I had told myself "your a blob."

Then I thought of the mangoes, papaya, and watermelon that I could enjoy instead. If I want to enjoy the fruits of my labor a little longer I had best start with eating some Fruit. I want a healthier life ahead of me. Why heck I thought, if I can beat this sugar thing, then today can be the first day of the BEST of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I like that: today is the first day of the BEST of my life! My knees feel better already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan, I just found where my comments were at on my blog. Sorry I took so long to answer. I'm old but new to this.

    ReplyDelete

Count Me In

Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather
It feels good to be free

Fourth of July in Waikiki

Fourth of July in Waikiki
Early morning view just kicking back

About Me

My photo
Do you want to know about Hawaii from a locals point of view? Where do we like to go? What things do we like to see. This blog is about seeing Hawaii without being trapped. This is a journal about Good eats, Hawaiian events, and looking at the islands through the eyes of someone who has lived here for more then forty years.

For Blog updates;

The Curmudgeon