Followers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kids, they love a challange

So I wasn't supposed to tell anyone what we ate. OK. I guess proper white food would make me a proper white person. So what was my typical "White" lunch for School? Tuna Fish. It was wrapped in a loose piece of wax paper. The tuna was crusted and dry with no mayonnaise. At least it looked like no mayonnaise. I guess mom thought I would get sick if I ate warm mayonnaise while my lunch can rested in the 60 degree coat closet.

Well chuck that sandwich in the trash. A few bites out of the mushy apple and I was done. I was also Skinny. There was not one lunch that I ate. It all went in the trash. I subsisted on a cup of sugar with some Cheerios for breakfast, no lunch, and heaven forbid, a tortilla with can milk and sugar wrapped inside for an after school snack. And no, I did not offer one to my friends.

Why would my friends want one anyway when they came home to home made cookies after school. If there were no tortillas then there was the old stand by white bread rolled and dipped into a glass of milk. I didn't dare touch the fruit. Not that I didn't like it but once I started eating the oranges or bananas I could not stop. Mom would scold me because I ate to much of the stuff.

I was not big on dinner as I did not like steak. Which mom made as she was dog tired when she got home and it was the fastest thing to cook. Of course we had the tortillas and chili to go with it. I am sure she would like me to tell my friends about the steak.

At the table for entertainment I would pick out a subject from the top of my head. Anything, nuts, bolts, what went on at school. It was a game I played with myself. I knew that no matter what I said at the table it would start a fight. Perhaps I was hoping that enough dishes would go flying so that I would have less to wash.

Ah kids, I tell you, they are so easily entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Count Me In

Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather
It feels good to be free

Fourth of July in Waikiki

Fourth of July in Waikiki
Early morning view just kicking back

About Me

My photo
Do you want to know about Hawaii from a locals point of view? Where do we like to go? What things do we like to see. This blog is about seeing Hawaii without being trapped. This is a journal about Good eats, Hawaiian events, and looking at the islands through the eyes of someone who has lived here for more then forty years.

For Blog updates;

The Curmudgeon