Followers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just another day in paradise

I took a ride out to the North Shore this morning with Nico. Checking out another shave Ice stand for my "Holo Holo" blog. It was out in the middle of nowhere and right across the street from the beach area called Sharks Cove  Nico nocked his shave ice over again. That's the second time this week he's done that. I think he is getting tired of testing shave ice stands with me.



I had their Grilled Ahi with Teriyaki Sauce and Pico de Gallo over it. Delicious. We took the food over to the other side of the road to watch the waves.

This is what you see from the shave ice stand

As I sat on a large rock and Nico walked around taking his own set of photos I enjoyed my food. Nico was too busy picking up plants, rocks and the run of the mill treasures on the ground. He was to intrigued to eat. 

I started snapping photos from where I sat and could not stop. The beauty of the ocean was like popcorn. Once you take a photo you just can't stop. 

It's just water but throw in a little foam and it becomes mesmerizing 


From blue to blue


As I look at the ocean I ask myself, Why do I find it so hard to do this? I must leave the house more often



The waves just kept coming


It was like a step back in time

Then Nico got into the picture. He was pulling up a long piece of grass


Then you turn around from the ocean and this is what you see. Reality. But if you look on the top of the mountain you can see a big estate. That was once owned by Elvis Presley 


Time to go and thankfully we head away from the traffic that is now backing up


We pass the Dole Pineapple Fields as we head to Wahiawa where I am going to go to the egg farm to get some eggs


We drive down the street appropriately named Palm Avenue

We pass a cherry blossom just coming into bloom


And we head down the road that leads to the egg farm



The Egg Farm



Then it's home again, home again, jiggity jig



Had a grand day, Max was waiting at the door and Nico then went off to his other grandma's to get the ants out of his pants. I took a long nap.





4 comments:

  1. I love your photography and story!

    I have the same thought every time I go to the river behind my house: Why don't I come here more often? It's only a 10 minute walk away. The other day I was watching some ducks on the ice, and there was a splash. For a split second I thought it was a fish jumping, but no... it was a young beaver coming up for a look around! The ducks scared it and it quickly submerged. I waited a while, but didn't see the beaver again. Maybe I'll walk over and see if I can find it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos and writing make browsing your site very enjoyable. It's nice to see things from where you're standing.
    Ed San Ramon, CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan I would have loved to have seen the beaver. That's the type of adventure I miss when I sit in the house. Here I've seen pigs come down from the mountain, dolphins leaping and whales spouting. Free! Just needed to leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Ed, sometimes we think our lives are so droll or boring. But when you actually record the things you do and share it in photos it gives one a whole different perspective on what life really is.

    ReplyDelete

Count Me In

Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather
It feels good to be free

Fourth of July in Waikiki

Fourth of July in Waikiki
Early morning view just kicking back

About Me

My photo
Do you want to know about Hawaii from a locals point of view? Where do we like to go? What things do we like to see. This blog is about seeing Hawaii without being trapped. This is a journal about Good eats, Hawaiian events, and looking at the islands through the eyes of someone who has lived here for more then forty years.

For Blog updates;

The Curmudgeon