Followers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gotcha!


If your a member of Borders rewards, you should be receiving coupons in your email on a regular basis. I love them. I Especially love the 40% coupon as that is when I buy my research books for my tours at the museum.

The trick to these coupons is to go with just that one book in mind so that you actually do save 40%. Since I usually have just enough for a book that is never a problem for me. I know what these large conglomerates are up to and I make it my mission to not get caught.

So with coupon in hand I drove over to the book store. I found this wonderful and very informative book seen above and could not wait to get home to start reading it.






My mistake was stopping in front of this Halloween display for cards. These are my favorite greeting card. They are like a gift in themselves though they are a bit pricey. I neededed to check them out to see how they worked.(Yes, I know what happened to the cat with curiosity.)

But I just love Halloween colors and the witch laughing when I pulled the tag immediately made me think of my grand kids. Hmm,$7.00 dollars x's 5. I walked away. I was getting in line to pay for my book when I realized that I was walking the wrong way. I back tracked and bam! There were those darned cards again. And once again I pulled the tag and the witch laughed.

Ok, so I left the store saving $14.00 on the book but spending $35.00 on the cards. Maybe the coupon was not such a good idea. It would have been cheaper for me to pay full price for the book at another store. Coupon be damned.



So I leave the store mad at myself for getting hooked by the money grubbing, covert, mendacious and tricky (no treat) bookstore. Ah but the looks on my grandkids when they get their cards (wont see a couple of them when they get theirs) is worth it.

The free trolly passes by as I'm headed to my car. You can ride to all the different areas of the outlet. Nico and I often ride it for the fun of it.

Hmm, It's a nice day I conclude I should ride it just for the entertainment. Then I imagine myself hoping on and a strap suddenly holds me down. A malicious voice comes over the mike and says, Sax Fifth Avenue up next, ha,ha, ha. There's no such thing as a free ride!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Count Me In

Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather
It feels good to be free

Fourth of July in Waikiki

Fourth of July in Waikiki
Early morning view just kicking back

About Me

My photo
Do you want to know about Hawaii from a locals point of view? Where do we like to go? What things do we like to see. This blog is about seeing Hawaii without being trapped. This is a journal about Good eats, Hawaiian events, and looking at the islands through the eyes of someone who has lived here for more then forty years.

For Blog updates;

The Curmudgeon